The Infiniti auto brand does not exactly provoke images of high-performance exotic sports cars. Yet some say the brand’s latest concept, the Infiniti Q80 Inspiration, could prove to be a challenge to the likes of Aston Martin or Maserati. Is this preposterous fools babble, or is Infiniti serving up some serious changes in their offerings arsenal?
Meet the Infiniti Q80 Inspiration, the model transporting the brand into new territory.
The Infiniti Q80 Inspiration is a different type of concept vehicle for the marquee. It is still quite early, so it is difficult to determine if it will ever reach production. Let’s examine what we have heard so far.
The Infiniti Q80 Inspiration concept at a glance:
- The renderings are quite pleasing at this phase in the concepting process. It appears to be a fluid beast with curves in all the right places.
- It is a four-door concept, leaving room to guess at a potential coupe version.
- Infiniti labels the Q80 Inspiration as a ‘Fastback’. I doubt the Ferrari FF feels threatened, however.
- It is not a little lady, stretching 17 feet in length and 7 feet wide. She is 4.5 feet tall and similar in dimension to the Aston Martin Rapide.
- There are no powertrain details, and therefore no performance specs available. Some hint that it could be a hybrid model in efforts to compete in the new alternative energies markets.
The suicide doors are a nice touch and work to draw more attention to the model. Notice the black cockpit and white rear cabin–it is decadent.
The Infiniti Q80 Inspiration concept could make an appearance at the Paris Auto Show in October, where further details could be gleaned. I expect plenty of carbon fiber and high-end technology to be incorporated into the model, otherwise it would not stand a chance at competing for buyers who are accustomed to many standard perks from a luxury car.