Swedish supercar maker Koenigsegg is shocking the auto industry with a new engine that lacks the traditional camshaft. This radical design has wheels spinning around the world and features a twin-turbo V8. Is this the luxury concept car of the future or the future joke of the industry?
How it works: The camless engine shoots the valve open with pneumatically driven actuators rather than a camshaft and valve spring.
• An engine that is 30% more efficient than the road and racecars of today (so they claim)
• It is lighter than a camshaft
• Implements secret Formula One technology
• It is expensive
• It is in beta mode and rather crude
• It is loud—and not in the desirable manner!
Cutting edge technology is never a bad thing, especially when it is incorporated into something as fantastic as a Koenigsegg hypercar!
Don’t click past our fleet of awesome exotic car rentals from all the best brands on your way out!
What do you think of Koenigsegg supercars? Comment below!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals