When you are officially the fastest car in the world until proven otherwise, you are going to have both official and unofficial competition…constantly. The 2012 Mosler Raptor GTR (a Florida-based supercar) is stepping up to record-wielding Bugatti Veyron, begging the masses to compare the specifications of the two supercars! I accept this challenge, thank you.
Mosler RaptorGTR specs:
- 7.0-liter forged V8 twin turbo
- 0-60 in 2.6
- 838 horsepower
- 2,580 lbs. thanks to carbon fiber LeMans Prototype construction (Think lean and mean, snap into a Slim-Jim) Power-to-weight ratio is 36% higher than the Bugatti Veyron
- Top speed of 240 (So why the cockiness guys? This is about 30 miles per hour slower than the Veyron SS record)
Bugatti Veyron Specs:
- 8.0 W16 engine with 4 turbochargers
- 0-62 in 2.46
- 1,001 horsepower
- 4,162 lbs.
- $1.7 million and up
- Top speed is 253 for the standard Veyron. The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is the official record holder at 269 miles per hour!
Overall, the RaptorGTR is far lighter but has not proven more power by this endeavor. The only way they could possibly beat Bugatti for the speed title is to race with their upgraded version. The Mosler RaptorGTR will make only 12 upgraded cars by Supercar Engineering, Inc., which will boast 1212 horsepower and a 0-60 sprint of 2.2 seconds. That is a race I would love to see, but it would have to be the stock Veyron Vs. a standard RaptorGTR and the Veyron SS Vs. the enhanced RaptorGTR for the speed title!
Bugatti Veyron SS
Wanna go fast? Check out our fleet of luxury exotic rental cars in a city near you and sign up for a ridiculously affordable track experience (Available dates updated often)!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals