Looking to spend a bit more on a meal? While some places are known for one or two extravagant items, the following list of meals could be a bit hard to swallow and may not be the best place to take a complete stranger for a first date. Though, if you are in the market to test the limits of both the palate and bank account, here are (some of) the top 10 most expensive restaurants of 2013:
10. Schloss Schauenstein, Furstenau, Switzerland: $269
9. Michel Bras Toya, Toya, Japan: $287
8. Alain Ducasse at The Dorschester, London: $289
7. Hotel de Ville, Crissier, Switzerland: $318
6. Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, Maldives: $320
5. Aragawa, Tokyo, France: $370
4. Maison Pic, Valence, France: $455
3. Masa, New York City: $450
2. Le Meurice, Paris, France: $509
1. Kitcho Kyoto, Japan: $600
*The figures are estimated by the Daily Meal and project a per plate or per person charge by each establishment.
Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, Maldives. Yes, please.
If the prices for meals listed above make you choke, remember that a Manhattan restaurant offers a pasta and lobster dish with one single ounce of black truffle for just $2,013 USD. Also, Hermes has created a crocodile t-shirt that could be yours for just $91,500 dollars. Sadly, I am not kidding.
While the above mentioned restaurants offer high per-plate rates, there are certainly some out there that are even higher. It is a never-ending search to find the most expensive hidden gems in the world, so if you know of something extreme please share with us in the comment section below or on Facebook!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals