When it hit the 1 million fan mark on social networking site Facebook, Porsche celebrated with a special 911 GT3 R hybrid. Upon gathering 2 million, the brand plastered as many Facebook profile photos onto a Cayman S. Now the brand has a staggering 5 million fans. To commemorate that milestone, the brand allowed the fans input to design a 911 Carrera 4S. Check it out:
Check out the Porsche 911 Carrera 4S designed by 5 million Facebook followers
The Porsche Facebook fan car, a Carrera 4S, is lovingly nicknamed the 5M Porsche 911. It boasts a unique Aquablaumetallic blue coat from Porsche Exclusive. For additional detail and recognition, it has a banner on both sides reading: “5M Porsche Fans”.
Porsche Facebook followers were able to add their input in certain design areas for the car. Each person added their choice in an online voting style system, with the feature generating the highest number of votes becoming the winner.
The 5M Porsche 911 at a glance:
- Pinstripe 20-inch Carrera S wheels
- The dashboard also reads: “Personally built by 5 million Porsche fans”.
- Aerokit Cup offers new front apron look with spoiler lip and fixed wing on rear. It improves aerodynamics when driving at higher speeds.
- The door sills feature bright illuminated panels proclaiming the Facebook fan input.
- 3.8-liter flat six engine
- 430 horsepower
- Nails the 0-60 mile per hour jump in about 3.9 seconds
- Includes Sport Chrono package with sports exhaust system.
Hot red brake calipers
Aston Martin allowed Facebook fans to design a car when it reached the 1-million fan marker. The car was named the Aston Martin DB9 1M, follow link for full details.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals