Toyota’s FT-HS concept fluidly addresses the question “What is a suitable sports car for the 21st Century?” The details for the concept are posted on their website, and it is deliciously reminiscent of the Lexus LFA supercar. Because the Toyota FT-HS is listed on the site, we can only hope that it will indeed reach production.
The Toyota FT-HS concept at a glance:
- Packs a 3.5-liter V6 engine
- Utilizes Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive®
- Horsepower is a projected 400, which is quite substantial for a mid-priced luxury hybrid
- The 0-60 mile per hour jump is listed at 4 seconds
- No word yet on the top speed of this model, but if it is anything like its super sibling, the LFA supercar, it will be a zippy little number with tight handling.
The Toyota FT-HS effortlessly blends hybrid technology with all of the necessary components of a true sports car. They say it integrates ecology and emotion, and that would certainly be correct.