Toyota’s FT-HS concept fluidly addresses the question “What is a suitable sports car for the 21st Century?” The details for the concept are posted on their website, and it is deliciously reminiscent of the Lexus LFA supercar. Because the Toyota FT-HS is listed on the site, we can only hope that it will indeed reach production.
The Toyota FT-HS concept at a glance:
- Packs a 3.5-liter V6 engine
- Utilizes Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive®
- Horsepower is a projected 400, which is quite substantial for a mid-priced luxury hybrid
- The 0-60 mile per hour jump is listed at 4 seconds
- No word yet on the top speed of this model, but if it is anything like its super sibling, the LFA supercar, it will be a zippy little number with tight handling.
The Toyota FT-HS effortlessly blends hybrid technology with all of the necessary components of a true sports car. They say it integrates ecology and emotion, and that would certainly be correct.
As mentioned above, the Toyota FT-HS concept seems to pay homage to the Lexus LFA. The LFA was the first-ever attempt at a supercar by the brand, Lexus Toyota and it was a monumental success. The lines of the FT-HS are sharp and decidedly supercar, with that low-slung sportster style. It manages to evoke a track or street vibe, a versatile all-around luxury ride. The concept photos are so splendid that I hope they do not alter much.
The dedicated-driver cockpit boasts a cross-car instrument panel and delta-wing driver pod. This means that the instrument panels wrap around the driver for easy access. As you would expect, only the finest leathers and materials are used. This is a four seater that transforms into a 2 seater when the top is dropped.
Toyota is billing its FT-HS hybrid sports car concept as an “attainable exotic”
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals