The Bugatti Veyron is one of the most-loved and most-powerful hypercars on the planet. Below is a top 10 list of some of the most interesting facts about the car.
10. Since production began in 2006, less than 400 Bugatti Veyrons have been created. The marquee will produce just 300 coupes and 150 convertible Veyrons.
9. The fastest model is the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport coupe. The car held the title of “Fastest Production Car in the World” until recently. The title was stripped due to a breach in official Guinness rules. (Follow link for full details).
8. It only takes 6 weeks to build the Veyron. It takes about a day to produce a standard car. Perfection takes time!
7. The $120,000 7-speed dual-clutch transmission is designed by Ricardo, an English specialty engineering firm.
6. The Bugatti Veyron has 10 radiators working overtime to keep those 1,200 horses cool. Very few hypercars even come close to packing that much in the stable.
5. A set of wheels for a Veyron is quite costly. The special tires are $40,000 and Bugatti recommends that the $70,000 wheels be replaced after every 2 sets of tires as part of general maintenance.
4. The Veyron is thirsty. It guzzles 8 miles per gallon city and 14 highway. At top speeds, it downs 1.4 U.S. gallons per minute. No, it is not Irish.
3. Near top speed, its special spoiler pivots to effectively become an air brake. This spoiler works about as hard as a standard car’s brakes.
2. It only takes about 10 seconds for the Bugatti Veyron to come to a complete stop from top speed.
1. The interior leathers are derived from cows raised at an altitude where there are no insects to puncture their precious hides. The leather is premium and blemish free, as you can see in the photo of the one of a kind Bugatti Veyron L’or Blanc below.
The cockpit of the Bugatti Veyron L’or Blanc is flawless
The one-off Bugatti L’or Blanc is porcelain
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals