These are the top 5 droptop dreams over $200,000 that made our list:
• Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe
• Lamborghini LP640
• Ferrari F430
• Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren
• Bentley GTC
1. Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe. A timeless classic in the realm of luxury cars, Rolls Royce has been focusing on overcoming their chauffeur-driven image. So, they would rather be known as a luxury car rather than a luxury “ride”, and with the Drophead Coupe, they are achieving their goal. The Drophead is a two-door Coupe with four seats, with design inspiration stemming from the 101EX concept car.
The Phantom Coupe strays from the chauffeur image by coming in at 9.8 inches more compact than the sedan, giving it a sporty and racy feel. The exotic coupe still features the famous Rolls-Royce rear-hinged doors and lightweight aluminum. Specs include a 6.75-liter V12 engine, 453 horsepower, and the ecstasy of blowing zero to 60 miles per hour in 5.6 seconds, the perfect beach blow-dry when the top is down. The Rolls-Royce Drophead rental can still be chauffeured if you desire, and is ideal for warm weather destinations.
2. Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster. The Murcielago Roadster is a sexy version of the Coupe, identical with the exception that it prefers to go topless. This is a sleek and sensuous car; sitting so low to the ground it appears to be one with it. It encompasses the classic Lamborghini shape that gets so much attention; it is unfathomable to worry about finding a date. Specs include a 6.5-liter V12 engine and the classic scissor doors, so you can feel like James Bond every time you exit your Lamborghini LP640 Roadster rental to hit up South Beach’s finest entertainment, dining and shopping options.
3. Ferrari F430 Spider. The convertible counterpart of the Ferrari F430 Coupe, the F430 Spider offers an open-air experience of what driving an exotic rental car should feel like. Specs include a 4.3-liter V8 engine, which Ferrari has manipulated to draw 483 horsepower at 8500 rpm’s. This exotic car is capable of making a spectacle of itself, zipping from 0-60 miles per hour in an astonishing 3.5 seconds; making it the third fastest model in Ferrari history. This is definitely a fact to brag about when you are behind the wheel of a Ferrari F430 Spider rental that goes for $168,005-$227,000 on the market.
4. Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster. At around $495,000, the SLR McLaren will tear into your wallet at 200 miles per hour, perhaps the fastest convertible ever available in this country by a major luxury manufacturer. Before you tear up, remember a Mercedes Benz rental is an alternative. The SLR McLaren Roadster is pretty much identical to the SLR McLaren Coupe in terms of its long-nose proportions and front and rear styling; yet it as the added intrigue of being a droptop. Specs include a 5.4-liter supercharged V8 engine with 617 horsepower, capable of hitting the 0-60 mark in 3.6 seconds flat, reaching speeds in excess of 200 mph if given enough asphalt.
5. Bentley GTC Convertible. The Continental GTC is a member of the Bentley Continental range, as the first convertible for the marquee. The power point of this luxury beast is its GTC engine, which pushes the 5,478 lb body from 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, imagine a Suburban doing that! This is an elegant, touring convertible boasting a 6-liter, twin-turbocharged W12 engine, similar to the Continental GT and the famed Flying Spur. Imagine a breath of fresh air in a Bentley GTC convertible rental, soaking in the luxurious amenities and attention.