While many new companies attempt to build exotic sports cars regularly, few make a wave on the scene. It appears that The Zenos E10 is moving forward at full throttle, with their gears in check and solid future plans.
The Zenos E10 is the creation of Ansar Ali (former CEO at Caterham) and Mark Edwards (former Caterham executive). I am going to go out on a limb here and say these two gentlemen met at work. The two have created their own auto brand, Zenos. The Zenos E10 made its debut at the 2014 Autosport International motorsport event and is slated for sale in Europe later this year. Pricing is guessed to start at $41,000. But…while the car looks kinda cool, it does not appear finished.
The Zenos E10 at a glance:
- The body is a two-seater (barely) roadster. From the side, it appears that the front and end were finished, leaving the middle to be thought out later.
- It derives power via a 2.0-liter four-banger made by Ford.
- This is a five-speed transverse transmission.
- Horsepower is low at 200 ponies, but with a svelte curb weight of just 1,433 pounds, that could work for some.
- The 0-60 mile per hour jump for the E10 is 4.5 seconds with a top speed of 135 miles per hour.
- Double wishbone suspension.
- Optionals include: Six-speed transmission, limited slip differential, different wheel measurements and better brakes.
The unique shape of the Zenos E10 is achieved with an aluminum frame and added subframes for shape. Don’t worry–there is a safety cell in case things fall apart on the road.
According to Ansar Ali, “In designing the car, it was a fine balance; we wanted it to look aggressive without having an outrageous attitude.” If you like what you see, the new company already has more in the pipeline, including a GT coupe and another potential roadster.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals