The 2015 Frankfurt Auto Show is in full swing—and the competition this year is fairly fierce. Automakers from all over the planet have gathered in Frankfurt, Germany to show off their wares and have a bit of a go with their people. It is an annual draw that is followed and looked forward to by millions. Without further fuss, let’s take a gander at what is happening this year in what I will call the ‘Battle of the brands’.
While some companies use these types of shows to tout their upcoming models, some take advantage of a widespread arena to showcase fantasy creations—perhaps to test the waters, or just to tease. Some are production ready and some are mere concepts at various levels of project commitment. Still others are mere video game cars. The battle seems to be waging on as follows:
- The savvy new Bentley Bentayga SUV is there showing the interesting new Jaguar F-Pace what is up. These two are not on the same planet in terms of pricing, with the F-Pace MSRP at just $40k and the Bentayga north of $200k. Also, how did they land on F-Pace? It is certainly not a pace car.
- The Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce roadster is on hand at the show to stare down rivaling Ferrari 488 GTB spyder. The healthy competition between Lamborghini and Ferrari will forever be a sporty pastime for indulgent fans.
- The Citroen Cactus M showed up to have a showdown with the swanky little yearling known as the Peugeot Quartz concept. Both are shapely and unique examples of what their tribe sees in the future.
- On the greener path is the Porsche Mission E and the Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Aerodynamic Automobile, or IAA. The Mercedes-Benz IAA is actually capable of changing its shape for aerodynamic purposes. That is right—it is a friggin shapeshifter. It will be covered more extensively in a later blog.
- Also around is the video game only Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo concept. The lag between models must be filled somehow, right guys? Still, lame. The Hyundai N2025 Gran Turismo car takes the cake here.
- Worthy of mention: The Nissan Gripz. Stupid little name, sweet little vision.
See more of the Mercedes-Benz IAA in the descriptive clip above. The 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show takes place September 15th to 27th .
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals