Pull over and escape the usual suspects like Lamborghini and Ferrari and take in the new ATS 2500 GT. She is a joint effort from ATS and Ermini set to revive the luscious lady for another go-round, or at least a bit of long-overdue attention. A bit of ATS 2500 GT history
The ATS 2500 GT emerged back in 1963 as one of the first mid-engine production cars. ATS stands for Automobili Turismo e Sport, Italian words we can all understand. ATS never unleashed enough to rival the great Prancing Horse, but it did carve its own memorable path for a bit. Now the revival model will try to pick up some new suitors and perhaps keep the competition on its toes for the length of its little ballet recital. The ATS 2500 GT at a glance:
- She lives only in digital form at this juncture.
- Engineers have drawn her with the following components: Durable steel chassis paired with a carbon fiber body to compensate the weight. Curb weight is just 2,200, making me curious why not a carbon chassis as well.
- Engine will be either a V6 or V8 with a 2.5-liter designed in-house.
- The overall horsepower is expected to be in the 500 area.
- RWD via a traditional six-speed manual transmission with limited slip. The best part: No paddles or electronic diffs…a true blast from the past!
- Suspended on double wishbones with adjustable shocks by Ohlins.
- Power is estimated as follows: 0-60 sprint in 3.3 seconds with a top speed approaching 185 miles per hour.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals