When a new form of media emerges, you can bet that advertising is not far behind, and that includes celebrity endorsements. Now that Twitter is in its 5th year and boasts millions of users, celebs can rake in as much as $10,000 per Tweet…depending on their popularity. Think of it as a mini-advertising campaign…in 140 characters or less!
So who are some of the famous people out there using Twitter as a side source of income? Here are a few:
• Rapper Snoop Dogg endorsed the Toyota Sienna minivan…which does not seem like a fit because I cannot picture him in a soccer mom van
• Sometimes actress Tori Spelling linked to a site for rental cars (apparently she has never driven our exotic rental car fleet and could use an upgrade (end shameless self-promotion).
• Reality TVs Khloe Kardashian aggressively promoted Old Navy jeans, Tweeting: “Want to know how Old Navy makes your butt look scary good?” Khloe’s Tweets cost roughly $8,000 each…so I doubt she really rocks Old Navy clothing.
• A Tweet from rapper Ray J is around $2,300 each
• Lindsay Lohan Tweeted the following for CampusLIVE for $3,500: “These challenges for college kids on /CampusLIVE are SO addicting!”
What an easy way to make a few grand…I want to be famous. There is not much data to clarify just how effective Twitter is to marketing, and the promotions placed there are short-lived like the attention spans of the users. But, it is cheaper than a traditional ad campaign and does reach a relatively captive and captivated audience.
Twitter generally allows the paid tweets, as long as they’re posted manually and not automated by a computer program.
Hey, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter…I know you are smiling right now!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals