Contrary to the name, there is nothing rough about this supercar. The RUF CTR-3 is a dazzling specimen of luxury meets muscle, culminating into one of the most unique sports cars available. Many have not heard of RUF, often confusing it with Porsche. This confusion is quite understandable, as RUF vehicles are made from unmarked Porsche bodies. The small German specialty automotive company also restores classic Porsche and RUF cars.
The RUF CTR-3 at a glance:
- Mid-engine sports car
- Produced by RUF Automobile in Germany
- Newer units based on the Porsche Cayman
- Comprised of steel, aluminum and carbon-kevlar
- Svelte curb weight of 1375 kg
- Burns to the 0-60 mile per hour mark in a cool 3.4 seconds
- Top speed is estimated at 238 miles per hour. When you consider that many supercars barely approach the 200 mile per hour mark, this is quite impressive.
- 777 horsepower. Lucky number 7s?
- Jaw-dropping price tag of $680,000 and up, depending on desired customizations.
RUF cars are collected by the uber rich and elite
RUF has been creating its cars for over 50 years. While the chassis is taken from Porsche, RUF creates the rest of the car, including the powertrain. The company has begun introducing six cylinder engines and bulking up the frames. Overall, the CTR-3 brings to mind racing cars of the past. It certainly brings to mind Porsche!
Just 3 RUF CTR-3 units have been sold in the United States. As mentioned above, just 25 have been sold worldwide.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals