As if the LaFerrari superhybrid is not aggressive enough, meet the LaFerrari FXX K. This track-focused version of the LaFerrari has finally been revealed, and the specs are impressive. The ‘K’ in the title indicates the KERS system (Kinetic energy recovery system). The ‘XX’ is code for an experimental vehicle that you cannot play with.
- The very same naturally aspirated 6.3-liter V12 found in the standard sibling. The engine is good for 838 horses, which are kicked up to 950 with the electric motors. The FXX K version produces 1,035 horses thanks to engineering tweaks and magic.
- Same seven-speed dual clutch gearbox mated to electric drive system.
- Exterior alterations work to improve aerodynamics and performance. They include a twin-profile spoiler up front with a large splitter, lowered, and a revised rear wing.
- The rear spoiler extends to 60mm.
- The KERS system has four added settings: Qualify, Long Run, Manual Boost and Fast Charge.
- Standard LaFerrari Fiorano lap time: 1m 19s.
- LaFerrari FXX K Fiorano lap time: 1m 14s.
Ferrari takes advantage of the annual event in Abu Dhabi to put a fitting end to the motorsport season and to draw attention to new members in the stable. All Ferrari teams come together, including the special XX program. The standard LaFerrari units are limited to 499, and the bidding war for ownership was quite fierce and entertaining. To make it more dramatic, just 40 examples will be made of the FXX K. The lot of them are already sold at $2.5 million each, so there will be no buyers war this time! Fun fact: McLaren P1 GTR is only packing 986 horses.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals