Mercedes-Benz is offering something bigger for the G63 AMG fans: The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 beast for a mere $511,612. Compared that with the cost of the regular G63 AMG at $135,000. What makes the four-door, six-wheel sibling worth so much more money?
The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 is a ton of luxury vehicle for a ton of money.
The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 at a glance:
- It packs the same 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine as the other G63 siblings.
- Engine is mated to the AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic automatic transmission. This has 3 drive modes: Manual, sport and controlled efficiency.
- 544 horsepower
- Six wheels make for a new rear-axle design. Thanks to engineering, it can roll over 3 feet of standing water (39.3 inches to be precise). So…does that make it an ideal investment for flood zones or perhaps Venice?
- Rumor has it that just 30 examples will be created, though none are intended for the United States market.
- Units will be hand-assembled with superior attention to detail.
- Do not expect fuel economy figures to be anything shy of atrocious. Something of this size and magnitude could tow the White House across town.
- The lavish interior matches the severe price tag. While the exterior communicates a behemoth, the cabin is all opulence with a bamboo-lined pickup bed to finish off the effects.
The promotional clip above shows the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 scaling rock at steep inclines, drifting and getting some serious air in some sand dunes. This is a rugged and aggressive beast fit for most any harsh environment. It would certainly be interesting to see it in action on ice and snow somewhere in the mountains!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals