Porsche fans worldwide can continue to be captivated by the brand, most especially the famed Porsche 911, thanks to a new exhibit called “911 Identity”, which showcases the lengthy and exciting history of the model!
The display is located at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and will run from January 31st, 2012 through May 20th, 2012. The 911 car certainly deserves some fanfare–it has been revving things up for over 4 decades! The automotive icon is synonymous with the word ‘sports car’, and is one of our most popular luxury rental cars in New York and Chicago!
911 Identity Exhibit
Along with the various Porsche 911 cars, this special display shows off documents never seen by the public
Fun Porsche facts:
• More than 700,000 Porsche 911 cars have been produced in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen since 1963
• Porsche welcomes in 2012 with the next generation of 911 blended with its predecessors
• Here you can see the “original 911” and the new “Type 991”
• There have been 7 generations of the 911 car
• Rare motor racing variants will be on display, including the 911 Carrera RS 2.7 “Safari” and the 911 GT3 R Hybrid
• Technical exhibits are peppered in for the gearheads
• Cool cutaway models on display offer an up-close view of certain cars
• Steering wheels and rims from 1963-present
• Finally, visitors can see one of the new 911 gen “Erlkings” before sliding behind the wheel of a Carrera at the end of the lineup!
The display shows the history of the 911, the most popular model ever from the brand
I could spend a few days taking in the exhibit!
Don’t miss our fleet of Porsche rentals and other top brands when you peel out!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals