With all of the new hybrids, electric powertrains and more eco-friendly fare lining the stages of auto shows over the past years–it comes as little surprise that Porsche is downsizing in some areas. Word is that Porsche flat four engines may dip as low as 1.6-liters in all their turbocharged glory. That is right, the sixes are going down.
The new Porsche turbocharged flat fours will be emerging to engage over the next few years. There is much speculation, and there should be a handful engine options to choose from. Offering a tier of 3 or so engine options is always a good call in order to satiate buyers from all areas. Typically a brand will offer a standard power option, a slightly increased version, and top it off with a special fire-breathing beast with a matching price tag.
- A 1.6-liter producing around 210 horses.
- A 2.0-liter kicking out 286 horsepower.
- A 2.5-liter churning out 360 ponies as the line-topper.
- The line will feature turbochargers and direct injection, which will offer optimum power for the sizing.
- They will likely be paired to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission when fitted to the vehicles.
The new Porsche engines are being designed for debut on the next generation of cars and possibly SUVs and crossovers. They could start as dainty as 1.6-liters and go up to 2.5 while still producing plenty of horses. CAR has reported that Porsche has confirmed a 2.0 and a 2.5-liter. Will they be more performance-based and powerful than the outgoing flat sixes? They had better damned well be!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals