The following culinary creations wield price tags worthy of a luxury car rental or ownership of an exotic vehicle! While many of these items do sound delicious, keep in mind that the brief interval spent with them is not likely to linger like the thrill of an exotic car rental!
Here are the top 10 most expensive foods, in ascending order:
1. Matsutake Mushrooms–$1000 per pound due to rarity
2. $1,000 Bagel at New York’s Westin Hotel. Comprised of white truffle cream cheese, Goji berry infused Riesling jelly and golden leaves.
The $1,000 Bagel does not look special
3. The Zillion Dollar Frittata—actually only costs $1,000, still a pricey breakfast item! This a.m. item consists of eggs, lobster and 10 ounces of Servruga caviar. The menu actually reads, “We dare you to expense this!” Clever!
Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata
4. Wagyu Steak–$2,800. A decadent meat similar in status to Japan’s Kobe beef.
5. Samundari Khazana, World’s most expensive curry–$3,200. This masterpiece includes Devon crab, white truffle and a half tomato stuffed with Beluga caviar accented with a gold leaf. Also present are a Scottish lobster coated in gold, 4 abalone and 4 shelled and hollowed quails’ eggs filled with more caviar to round out the dish.
6. Domenico Crolla’s “Pizza Royale 007”–$4,200. Packed with a dense assortment of expensive goodies including lobster marinated in cognac, this is among the priciest pizzas. Other ingredients include champagne soaked caviar, sunblush tomato sauce, Scottish smoked salmon, venison medallions, prosciutto, and vintage balsamic vinegar, all topped with 24-carat gold flakes. This is a dish that can make you feel like James Bond, just enjoy and hop into your Aston Martin rental!
Pizza Royale 007
7. Dansuke Watermelon demand a hefty $6,100 price tag because they are so rare in Japan.
8. Yubari Melons—2 for $22,872. These precious melons are auctioned off. They may be the secret melon ingredient in Cindy Crawford’s “Meaningful Beauty” line, sought-after because the beauty never seems to age!
Yubari melons are from Japan
Cindy Crawford’s melons are the main ingredient in her skincare line
9. Almas Caviar–$25,000. This rare caviar is from Iran.
10. Italian White Alba Truffle–$160,400. These truffles are challenging to cultivate, a true delicacy. These truffles come in behind the most expensive truffles, follow link for that juicy story!
Italian White Alba Truffle
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals