Midwest’s Best Ski/Snowboarding Spots
Of course we would rather be in Colorado or Utah, or the Swiss Alps for that matter, but the Midwest actually offers some pretty decent places to hit the slopes. For a fraction of the cost and a effortless drive north, you might be surprised at some of the changes Midwest Ski resorts have made in the last 10 years or so that have made them forget for a minute you might be just a few miles from cornfields and cow pastures. Below are just a few of the many resorts in the Midwest area and they are also some of our favorites. Breckenridge beware, the Midwest is slowly becoming a decent place to ski or ride for a cheap weekend getaway.
2. Devil’s Head
3. Boyne/ Nub’s Nob
4. Crystal Mountain
5. Granite Peak
1. Chestnut: Located in Galena, Illinois, Chestnut Mountain Resort consists of 19 trails and is a very easy drive from Chicago especially in our Chicago Range Rover rental SUV . The resort also features one of the largest terrain parks in the Midwest with over 25 rails. Roughly a 3-hour drive from Downtown Chicago, Galena is a perfect weekend ski destination in the Midwest.
2. Devil’s Head: South Central Wisconsin might not seem like the best spot to shred when looking at a map of the Midwest. However, Devil’s Head is one of the highest mountains in Wisconsin, and we use the term mountain very loosely. The mountain also features a significant amount of other activities for the non-skiers in the family. If skiing is not your idea of a good time, head over to the local winery and try your luck at the casino.
3. Boyne/ Nub’s Nob: Located right across the street from each other Boyne and Nub’s are separate ski hills but would provide the perfect opportunity to mix up your runs all weekend by hitting each mountain once over the weekend. Located in beautiful Bay Harbor, Michigan, you will be amazed at some of the Tahoe-like views from the top of each lift. My personal favorite, Boyne Mountain, combined with a few nights in Bay Harbor makes for an absolute ideal weekend getaway. Since the drive is going to be a little longer make sure to travel in comfort with a luxury SUV rental from Imagine Lifestyles Chicago branch.
4. Crystal Mountain: Ski Magazine claims this is the #1 Ski Resort in the Midwest, a claim that is awfully hard to argue after seeing all the amenities this resort offers its’ loyal customer base. Ladies, let your men hit the slopes while you bask in one of only sin LEED-certified spas in the United States. You may need to show in in bling in one of our Chicago Lamborghini rental cars. Some of the local dining is on par with downtown Chicago dining as well.
5. Granite Peak: Wausau, Wisconsin, home of Granite Peak and the Midwest’s longest and fastest chair lift. In the last 10 years, this mountain has seen a complete transformation, adding lodging, lifts, terrain, and snowboard parks. Take a look for yourself and hit up Granite Peak next time you head north.
The Midwest has a number of weekend ski destination spots just waiting to be enjoyed. Plan your next ski trip with friends and family before winter is gone. Don’t forget to contact Imagine Lifestyles for all of your luxury transportation needs. We have all the luxury rental SUV’s that are perfect for ski trips and snowboard weekends.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals