With all the hype and responsibility to be environmentally friendly, companies are stepping up with increasingly innovative energy solutions to reduce harmful impact on our environment. An increasing number of those companies are luxury companies, like Sauter Carbon Offset Design, who has unleashed the world’s first low carbon mega yacht!
The mega yacht, named Transcendence, has the world’s cleanest marine propulsion system in the world! How is this possible? Let’s discuss the specifications.
Luxury mega yacht Transcendence is a solar hybrid, employing Mercedes Benz and MTU Bluetec engines to achieve a 50 to 100% reduction in GHG emissions. So what does that mean? When comparing the solar hybrid mega yacht to a standard semi-displacement motor yacht:
Standard motor yacht Co2 emissions: 100t of Co2 per day
Solar hybrid motor yacht Co2 emissions: 0-44t of Co2 per day
This makes Transcendance the winner overall in the area of low emissions for mega yachts. This is quite impressive when you factor in her size, approximately 161 feet, and her max speed of 25 knots. Her carbon footprint often reaches zero! The mega yacht and mega yacht charter industry has a bright future.
Here are some highlights of the green technology possessed by this hybrid mega yacht:
• Mercedes Benz & MTU Bluetec diesel electric power generation
• Plug-in Lithium UPS rated at 1000Kwh
• Computerized energy management, maintenance & guidance
• KER (Kinetic energy regeneration)
• Energy efficient equipment, including waste heat recovery
• Maximum solar cell deployment. (PV deck spoilers rated at 30kws)
• Hydro and aerodynamic advances Hi-speed displacement hull design
• Azimuth counter rotating CLT high torque propeller systems
To further put this into perspective, the annual carbon footprint of Trancendence’s is equal to about 1,000 people on earth. Kudos to a cleaner and greener future at sea!
Follow links to see our Luxury Yacht Charter fleet, or to read up on luxury living and entertainment!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals