This Enzo Ferrari generated an online sensation back in 2009 because of its rather uncanny resemblance to a stormtrooper. Inspired by a jet fighter, this stormtrooper Gemballa Ferrari became one of the most memorable of the 400 Enzo Ferrari cars on earth.
Meet stormtrooper Enzo, a flighty fellow. There are only 400 Enzo Ferraris in existence, and this may be the coolest.
The Gemballa Enzo Ferrari Stormtrooper at a glance:
- This trooper is packing a tuned 6.0-liter V12 unleashing 700 Prancing Horses. That is the same as the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4.
- The aerodynamics were clearly tweaked to increase performance with the added advantage of appearance.
- More downforce! To the tune of 35kg up front and 85 in the rear. That paired with a lighter curb weight equals fun squared.
- Massive rear wing appears capable of launching the Ferrari into full flight mode…jet fighter, indeed.
- The end result is perched on standard alloys that have been murdered out in black.
The official name for the stormtrooper Ferrari is the MIG-U1. There were initial intentions to create a special fleet of 25 of them, but following Gemballa’s untimely death only one exists. The very special Enzo Ferrari currently resides in Paris, France with an asking price close to $4 million USD. The funny fellows at Top Gear stated that the Gemballa stormtrooper Ferrari looks quite like “An FXX that’s wearing a bit too much make-up”.