Top 5 Tourist Attractions in Chicago:
So you are planning a trip to Chicago and you have no idea on where to begin for what to do while you are here. Don’t sweat. We have a few ideas for you and your group to ensure a great time while here in the city. Keep in mind these are not the only things available, just a few suggestions to get you started.
1. Willis Tower (Sears Tower)
2. Michigan Avenue
3. Art Institute of Chicago
4. Millennium Park
1. Willis Tower. Once the tallest building in the world, now 2nd tallest, this attraction still keeps the tourists coming by every summer. There is also a new addition to the tower that has attracted daredevils and young children alike. A suspended glass bottom walkway now encompasses the top floor of the tower. Guests can walk outside and peer down through the glass to the ground below. Stop by and see the city of Chicago from the best view in the house.
2. Michigan Avenue. The street that has it all, literally. Shopping, fine dining, sightseeing, hotels, and plenty of people watching. Starting at the north end with the world famous Drake Hotel, winding down south over the river and into the Loop, Michigan Avenue encompasses everything that Chicago has to offer.
3. Art Institute of Chicago. Although Chicago has other amazing museums and planetariums and aquariums, head to the Art Institute to see the biggest art collection in the Midwest. Each year the museum offers special exhibitions ranging from Picasso to Monet. This museum stands heads and shoulders above the rest and is definitely worth a 3-4 hours visit.
4. Millennium Park. By now you have probably heard about this shiny bean that everyone wants to go see. It is just a small piece of what makes Millennium Park a must see though. You can stop by Park Grill for lunch, or stop by Pritzker Pavilion for a concert. If you happen to swing by during the winter you can also strap on some ice skates and take a spin around the outdoor rink.
5. Food. Whether you are looking for deep-dish pizza or a hot dog, Chicago has you covered. If you are feeling like something a little nicer we also offer some of the finest dining in the Midwest. There are too many suggestions to even begin listing but we can suggest a few to help alleviate the confusion. Gino’s East, Giordano’s, and Lou Malnatti’s all compete for the best pizza in the city. Portillo’s, SuperDawg, and Big Al’s Beef all make a mean hot dog. If you want to loosen the wallet a little bit head to the Rush Street triangle and stop in Gibson’s or Hugo’s for an unbelievable meal.
Once again, that is not all Chicago has to offer but it should get you started. Contact Imagine Lifestyles for all your luxury chauffeur services while you are visiting. We will gladly arrange for all your transportation needs and can accommodate any request. Make sure to see Chicago in style with an exotic car rental.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals